BACK To SCHOOL Help needed.
Date Time Location
17-Aug 5:00-7:00p Belmar Elem Kaoru—flyers only
17-Aug 4:00-6:00p Molholm Elem Allison Scheider
17-Aug 4:30-6:30p Stober Elem VACANT
19-Aug 6:00-7:30p Wilmore-Davis Elem VACANT
25-Aug 5:00-6:30p Stevens Elem Seasonal Recruiter
25-Aug 5:00-7:10p Maple Grove Elem VACANT
25-Aug 5:30-7:30p Vivian Elem VACANT
Notes from the Service Unit meeting
· North Jeffco Service Unit camp Labor day weekend at Twisted Pine. Sign up closes 8/25.
· 100th Year selling Girl Scout cookies so the new cookie this year is S’more’s. the recipe comes from a a publication by Girl Scouts about 100 years ago.
· How The top seller got to 7000+ boxes was she set daily goals and verbalized it to her customers what she was trying to achieve
· Notes- need to find out what the square footage is of Jeffco Fairgrounds.
· Storage unit is a possibility for a cookie cupboard for the unit. Unit could pay for it for the 2 months it is needed.
· Leadership summit is on Oct 1st and is for leaders to learn and grow to help the girls.
· Discussed World Thinking Day (WTD) committee for this year’s multi troop event. Need to have the following identified positions and several others to provide ideas. Treasurer, logistics, MC, and program manager. –If interested contact Michelle Pierce.
· Discussed The Older girl committee that is being formed to sponsor girls who are graduating from High School and have earned their Bronze, Silver and Gold award by awarding them with a life time membership to girl scouts. Need volunteers to help get this off the ground and offer a way to promote Scouts and recruit sponsors and get the word out about the Gold Award and what it means. (most have heard of the Eagle scout for Boy Scouts).
· There are several different parades that the girls could walk in. Golden Winter, Avada Harvest, and Carnation parade (this one is for next year as it is this weekend). This goes towards a Badge.
· October 15th Mark your calendars and sign up for the Multi badges for brownies (day event) at Twisted Pine and For Juniors to earn badges and spend the night. Fees will cover badges and food/supplies.
· Discussed our New website www.rosewoodsu.com Check it out. Has important dates, Meeting dates and times. We are adding a resources page so we can all share our knowledge with other troops or just great ideas for earning a specific Badge.
· Open positions in the Unit, SU Recruiter/recruitment coordinator, Volunteer Support/mentoring, Adult trainer, cookie cupboard.
· Fall Sales training starts in a month so get ready for a way to earn some money with online sales for the Girls. This leads into the S’mores’s club Little brownie baker has helped offer more patches. Check out the flyer. https://www.littlebrowniebakers.com/media/filebrowser/smorefunbook.pdf
· And As as this is the 100th year of sales. Check this out.
S'mores Club Details: (http://www.girlscoutsofcolorado.org/en/cookies/s-mores-club.html)
You can earn
To join the S’mores Club and earn the reward, a girl must:
An adult can earn the reward if:
All members of the S’mores Club must meet the requirements for both sales to qualify.
*The troop must reach $350 in online sales during the 2016 Fall Sale to qualify for the exclusive booth selection opportunity for the troop; the opportunity is for use during the 2017 Cookie Sale
Join us for this new volunteer learning conference series! These conferences will have something to jump start nearly everyone’s Girl Scout year! Experienced volunteers can choose from advanced classes on topics such as taking your girl’s leadership to the next level (GS201) and what to do when conflict arises. While new volunteers can check off their list classes such as the program level 101s and Exploring Journeys. In addition, each location will feature a special keynote speaker and networking galore!
Choose the location/date that best fits your schedule:
• August 27: Colorado Spring
• September 10: Grand Junction
• September 17: Longmont/Northern
• October 1: Denver
• October 8: Pueblo
Visithttp://www.girlscoutsofcolorado.org/en/events/training-events.html<http://www.girlscoutsofcolorado.org/en/events/training-events.html> for full details and to register.
We know life gets hectic, so finding time to attend training can be tough. So, we’re launching a new e-learning site. Now you can get the training you need to be successful in your volunteer role on your schedule – at 9 am, midnight or anywhere in between!
Create your learning account and get started at http://training.girlscoutsofcolorado.org/. Watch for more classes to be added throughout 2016-17.
Prefer to take classes in person? No problem! In person classes offer a great opportunity to share ideas and network with other volunteers! Check the events calendar for upcoming courses.
• Camping is an integral part of Girl Scouting. It creates community and gives us the chance to experience the wilderness. Book today and take advantage of Girl Scouts of Colorado's properties. Come see some of the most beautiful areas in our state. Our properties are available for day and overnight use by our members and other groups.
• Pricing and Availability for Girl Scout groups only.
Remember, property reservations open 365 days in advance and fill quickly.
We are excited to announce lower prices at Magic Sky Ranch! It has not sold yet and we are confident in groups using it in 2017. Learn more about http://gscoblog.org/2016/07/new-lower-prices-at-magic-sky-ranch-in-2017/
Older Girl Program
Girl Scout travel can whisk you to far-off places and expose you to new cultures
and traditions. Join Girl Scouts for a trip to explore Belize in July 2017!
• Program Aide (PA)
• Gain confidence mentoring younger Girl Scouts, be the girl all the little girls look up at Girl Scout camp, learn to run your own programs. Be a Girl Scout Program Aide! Girls who have completed their PA requirements can purchase their pin
• Leader in Action (LiA)
• The Leader in Action Award (LiA) is a prerequisite for to become a PA. Read about the LiA Requirements and then check out the guides for earning your LiA through the Wonders of Water<http://www.girlscoutsofcolorado.org/content/dam/girlscoutsofcolorado/documents/lia_wow.pdf%20/t%20_blank>, World of Girls<http://www.girlscoutsofcolorado.org/content/dam/girlscoutsofcolorado/documents/lia_world_of_girls.pdf%20/t%20_blank>, and Brownie Quest<http://www.girlscoutsofcolorado.org/content/dam/girlscoutsofcolorado/documents/lia_brownie_quest.pdf%20/t%20_blank> journeys.
• Volunteer in Training (VIT)
• Please see the above document for requirements. Girls who have completed their VIT can purchase their pins
• Counselor in Training (CIT)
• Counselors in Training learn camp counseling skills, and how to work positively with campers at camp. Girls going into 10th grade are eligible to become CIT's. To become a CIT, register for a CIT1 trainings at camp.
• Program Aide Regional Contacts
• Contact Katie Singleton (Katie.Singleton@gscolorado.org<mailto:Katie.Singleton@gscolorado.org><x-apple-ql-id://3E621751-93FD-49FE-B8B3-0BB04A886DFF/x-apple-ql-magic/Katie.Singleton@gscolorado.org<mailto:Katie.Singleton@gscolorado.org>>) for more information on PA trainings
• Earning Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards gives you the chance to do big things while working on an issue you care about. Whether you want to advocate for animal rights for your Silver, or encourage girls to become scientists and engineers for your Gold, you’ll inspire others (and yourself).
We have heard your feedback on needing clarification regarding money earning “blackout dates.” With additional feedback from our finance and product sales we have agreed upon limiting the additional money earning restriction from the start of the product sale, through several days following the debit. The purpose of this black is to ensure compliance with national GSUSA requirements regarding money earning, maximize money earning opportunities, and help protect troop finances. As an additional note, we want to take this opportunity to remind troops that they cannot participate in online money earning activities, per GSUSA regulations, with the exception of the online component of GSCO sponsored product sales.
As to eliminate confusion, we will provide you with the specific money earning blackout dates each year. For the 2016-17 membership year, money earning activities (aside from Girl Scouts of Colorado product sales) are prohibited during the following periods:
• September 24th-November 25th
• January 15th-March 31st
Girl Scouts of Colorado has a new reward in honor of the 100th anniversary of Girl Scouting in Colorado and 100th anniversary of Girl Scouts selling cookies! The “S’mores Club” is exclusively for Girl Scouts of Colorado girl members and adult volunteers who rock BOTH the 2016 Fall Sale and 2017 Girl Scout Cookies Sale programs.
A special 100th personalized patch and beautiful, commemorative blanket are rewards for girls and adult volunteers (troop leaders, troop product sales managers – one per person who qualifies) for the 2016-17 membership year ONLY.
Two different blanket designs are being created – one for girls and one for adults. Girls can create their ‘mini-me’ avatar for the Fall Sale and that image will be used in her personalized patch if she joins the S’more Club.
To join the S’mores Club and earn the reward, a girl must:
• Send 15 emails or sell 15 nut, candy items, and/or magazines during the 2016 Fall Sale program;
• AND sell at least 275 packages of Girl Scout Cookies during the 2017 Cookie Sale program
An adult (the Troop Leader, Troop Fall Sale Manager and Cookie Manager) can earn the reward:
• If the troop reaches $350 or more in online sales during 2016 Fall Sale program
• AND during the 2017 Cookie Sale, the members of that troop must reach a per girl average of 275 or more packages of Girl Scout Cookies. (The per girl average is calculated based on the total number of packages a troop sells, divided by the number of selling girls in that troop.)
All members of the S’mores Club must meet the requirements for BOTH sales to qualify. For more information, check the FAQs<https://girlscoutsofcolorado.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2453663-s-mores-club>.